Germany moves ahead of peers in trade relations with China


Since 2016 China has become Germany’s main trading partner. German imports from China account for almost 12% of Germany’s total trade, and exports account for 8%. Overall, trade with China now accounts for almost 20% of total German trade.

While Germany's trade deficit with China has always been relatively modest in...